Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dottie’s True blue café

I am pretty sure that "Dottie's" is Thai for "Number One, Joe, me love you long time".





I actually had to break out my waterproof jacket to make the trek over to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from June 13th, 2012) as the air was pretty saturated with the thick summer fog (Samuel Langhorne Clemens would not lie to you). I got over there fifteen minutes before they opened this morning, and I was actually the first in line for a change. (Sleep is way overrated, Warren.) I even got the primo parking spot right out in front (well, the second primo-est spot right behind Kurt's little red Mercedes). While waiting in line and before ordering, I made sure to bore a few of the out of town patrons: a guy from New York City (the one in New York State, of course), another guy from Los Ångeles (California), and even a lady from Dorchester (Massachusetts).

Today's kitschy salt and pepper shaker set on my area of the counter was a zeppelin (which housed the pepper) and cloud (for the salt). I wonder if the paint contained any lead in it, Mr. Plant.






I had already made up my mind for breakfast before heading over there. If they had their awesome Zucchini Cakes (it's been a few visits since I last ordered it) on the weekend specials board, I was going to get that; if not, I was planning on just ordering one of their fresh baked goods and maybe an egg over medium with a side of home fries. As luck would have it, I did end up ordering the Zucchini Cakes topped with poached eggs & spicy marinara sauce; fruit & potatoes. I also had a cuppa coffee.




(Please ignore the quality of the meal photo. The photographer has already been severely dealt with for this poor quality photo.)

The Zucchini Cakes were excellent as always. I didn't expect any less, and this was my main point in ordering them. I really don't know what else to say about this great rendition of Uova Benedicto. It is truly an excellent invention.

Today's cup of fruit included: (lots of) blueberries, (a few) strawberries, and (more than likely, less than one) cantaloupe.

One of these days I really ought to find out what brand/roast of coffee they serve. It's not that bad and it is a bottomless cup (it's okay, I was wearing brown shoes and no one could tell).

As stated many times before in the past (Can anything be stated "many times before in the future"?), Dottie's True blue café has a very decent selection of condimentary supplements (and I don't even bother schlepping any from my own collection any more). I used a little Tabasco® Chipotle on the potatoes only; their spicy marinara sauce was tasty enough without me messing with it.


Glen Bacon Scale RatingZucchini Cakes ~ 7.6

No comments:

Post a Comment