Tuesday, March 14, 2017

the Bistro Restaurant at Cliff House


(Saturday, March 11th, 2017)



http://www.cliffhouse.com/bistro/index.html



Placethe Bistro Restaurant at Cliff House

Location: 1090 Point Lobos (at the end of the Earth/Ocean Beach, "Where San Francisco Begins")

Hours: open for breakfast Monday - Saturday at 9:00am, Sunday at 8:30am

Meals: (mine) Sautéed Vegetable Scramble ~ scrambled eggs, red peppers, tomatoes, scallions, button mushrooms, melted goat cheese, served with fresh fruit and roasted potatoes;
(Cindy's) Thick Sliced Sourdough French Toast ~ maple syrup, crisp bacon, powdered sugar, and fresh apple compote;
(Greg's) Farmer’s Breakfast Scramble ~ scrambled eggs, ham, potatoes, green onions, Cheddar cheese, served with fresh fruit;
to drink: me ~  a glassa grapefruit juice, Cindy ~ a glassa milk, and Greg ~ a cuppa Coffee (and a few refillas); 
and, of course, (World) Famous Cliff House Popovers(!)


While continuing the 50¢ tour of San Francisco with Greg and Cindy this weekend, we made sure to stop at the Bistro Restaurant at Cliff House (see last 'blog-entry from Monday, January 2nd, 2017) before heading into Golden Gate Park (or "Olden Gat Park") for the morning.




We were one of the first groups to arrive there before they had opened and we scored one of the good tables along the window-side that faces out toward Seal Rocks. The fog was still pretty thick in the morning, but luckily it burned off quickly while we were eating and the rest of the day was clear for touristing stuff.





I have had this same meal many, many, many times over. It's always good. Of the three or four dishes that they have to offer that are stupid vegetarian-friendly, I think I like this one best. The creamy goat cheese is a big factor.

Greg seemed to like his scrambled mess, too. I think he was most impressed with the shape of his plate, though.

Now what's with French toast two-out-of-three breakfasts? Cindy must think she's in Par-ee. The apple compote stuff looked pretty good and Cindy didn't even use it all up on the French toast; I bet it would go great with the (World) Famous Cliff House Popovers(!). I don't think that I have ever had their version of French toast; maybe one of these days.

As always, one of the main reasons that I keep coming back again and again and again... during the meal, there were two baskets of three (World) Famous Cliff House Popovers(!). That would work out to be the only fair division of the goods as: four for me and one apiece for Greg and Cindy...

the Bistro Restaurant only offers Tabasco® Brand Hot Sauce (Original Red Sauce) for condimentary supplementation. Knowing this, I came prepared with a bottle of my own Palo Alto Fire Fighters XXX Ghost Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Brian!), which I used judiciously all over my potatoes.

Hollywoodland Spotlight of the Day (or not)

Ooops! Once again, I was planning on highlighting one of the photos of a Hollywoodland person from above our table, but the guy whose photo I took turned out to be just some local San Francisco politician that had eaten there in the 40's or 50's. 


Glen Bacon Scale Rating
Sautéed Vegetable Scramble ~ 6.7
(Once again, I didn't bother to poll the rest of the table for their Glen Bacon Scale Rating)

No comments:

Post a Comment