Saturday, May 19, 2018

Honey Honey ~ Cafe & Crepery


"I ate the Sheriff[1],
but I did not eat the Deputy... " ♫ 
(that is if Bob's Reggae classic had been sung by either Colin Blunstone or one of Robert Kirkman's characters) 



http://www.honeyhoneycafeandcrepery.com/


Place: Honey Honey ~ Cafe & Crepery

Location: 599 Post Street 
(on the corner of Taylor Street)

Hours: open Monday - Sunday at 7:30am

Meal: Torino (Savory Crepe) ~ Feta cheese, fresh basil, tomato, mushroom, served w/salad (Ha!), fruit (Double-Ha!!), or potatoes (Which was my choice, of course!); and a large glassa fresh-squeezed (well, fresh-machined in one of those the Jetsons-juicer-things) orange juice



(There really is no EweToobular juxtaselection with this song and today's breakfast; I just like the song. And I do not really know how Bob Marley or Sheriff John Brown [or the Deputy, even] felt about either crêpes or Feta.)


Wow. I am very surprised that it has been almost two years since my last visit to Honey Honey ~ Cafe & Crepery (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, July 16th, 2016) as I know that I really liked both of the crêpes that I had there on my first two visits. 

Hopefully it will not take me another two years to get back to try some of their other great breakfastary ideas:

(Savory Crepe) Eggplant ~ Cheddar, tomato, garlic, fresh basil, sundried tomato, eggplant (Eggplant, basil, and two types of tomatoes? Yeah, this is my kinda crêpe.);

(Sweet Crepe) Suzette ~ orange zest, orange juice, sugar, and butter (which I would probably order with a side of their great homefries);

(Omelette) Acapulco ~ Cheddar, salsa, avocado, sour cream, and black bean chili;

(Omelette) Athens ~ Feta, spinach, and olives (this was going to be my back-up choice if I did not feel like crêpes this morning)

or

(Omelette) Milano ~ Mozzarella, tomato, garlic, and fresh basil.




This was another winner of a crêpe and I liked it very much! However, my initial thought on tasting it was, "Man, that is some funny tasting spinach...", because I completely forgot what the ingredients inside it were. Who knew basil and Feta would be a great match? And, thankfully, this bad-boy was chock-fulla Feta.

For condimentary supplementation, Honey Honey 
~ Cafe & Crepery offers the Standard San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces: Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (both Original Red Sauce and Green Jalapeño Sauce), Cholula® Hot Sauce Original, and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce. And yet still once more again this morning I used some of my own Palo Alto Firefighters XXX Ghost Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Brian!) on the homefries. Finally, I think I am almost to the end of that bottle and probably have about just one dose left in it... finally. (Which will leave me with only 30 bottles [I kid you not] remaining in my refrigerator. Sheesh!)


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Torino ~ 6.7;
"I Shot the Sheriff" ~ 7.2

___________________

1. (not really a) Stupid, useless cunning linguist pointer of the day (unless you consider ye Olde English a ferren language... which it is to most of us, anyway):

The word "sheriff" is a contraction of the term "shire reeve". The term, from ye Olde English "scīr-gerēfa", designated a royal official responsible for keeping the peace throughout a shire or county on behalf of the King. The term was preserved in England notwithstanding the Norman Conquest. From the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, the term spread to several other regions, at an early point to Scotland, latterly to Ireland, and then to the United States.

(The Arabic term "sharif" ["الشريف" (meaning "noble/honourable")], sometimes rendered "sherif", bears no historical or etymological connection... 
no matter how much you are rockin' the Casbah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment