Sunday, September 23, 2018

★ the ★ Richfield


Richmond (District) Coffeehouses (redux)
~ Round 9c

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. The most you can do is live inside that hope, running down its hallways, touching the walls on both sides.” — Barbara Kingsolver, from Animal Dreams



http://the-richfield-san-francisco.sites.tablehero.com/

(This is the best that I could find for an official-type web-site. There is not even a phonicular contact listed anywhere.)


Place: the Richfield

Location:  195 5th Avenue (on the triangulated corner at California and Cornwall Streets)



(I am including this photo of the back side of the building just to show you how narrow the entire building is.)

Hours: open Tuesday through Friday at 7:30am, Saturday and Sunday at 8:00am; closed Monday 

Meal: Chia Pudding ~ topped with toasted coconut, dried mango, and fresh strawberry slices; a Seasonal Scone-thing (apparently, Autumn is Strawberry Season, but not Avocado Season); and a cuppa pour-over Snowbird Coffee Zatara

http://snowbirdcoffee.com/



(Yeah, I suppose I coulda went with the Willie and Merle version of the first song, but I figured photos of Emmylou beat those two old "haggard" songsters any day.

I am not sure where Miss Harris [or Townes Van Zandt... or Pancho... or Lefty] stands on the whole chia issue, though.)


I wanted to keep it fairly local and quick this morning, so I fairly quickly and locally headed back to 
theRichfield (see last 'blog-entry from Friday, November 11th, 2016). 

There really are not a lot of choices of breakfastary fare as this is a pretty small coffeehouse. I specifically had it in mind to try their version of the ubiquitous Avocado Toast (smashed avocado with bits of sweet pickle, spread over sourdough toast, drizzled with olive oil and fresh lemon, topped with shredded radish and seven spice pepper). However... I was told that they were currently out of avocados (yeah, they never seem to be in season in California). So, I just went with the only other item on the current menu that I had not tried before.

I also specifically had it in mind to get a cuppa their Southpaw blend/roast (which is... well, was... only available at this shop and not at Snowbird Coffee's flagship coffeeshop in the Sunset). However... I was also told that they were out of this, too, and that the owner is discontinuing this blend/roast.




The Chia Pudding-thing was okay, but I was really looking forward to Avocado Toast. I mean, I didn't drive "all the way over there" (it is all of thirty-something blocks away) for Chia Pudding.

Well, they are a coffeehouse first and foremost, and, luckily, even the back-up choice of Coffee was going to be a decent cuppa (actually, I like the Zatara better, but I can always get that at their other coffeeshop). And even if they had any Avocado Toast this morning, the Coffee was still gonna be the best part of the meal, anyway.

As for whatever they may have had to offer in the way of condimentary supplementation, with today's choices, none were needed/used.

Of course, I'll probably be cr*pping little Ch-ch-chia Pets all day long now...


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Chia Pudding-thing ~ 6.0;
Seasonal Scone-thing ~ 6.4;
Snowbird Coffee Zatara ~ 7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment