Saturday, September 8, 2018

Dottie's True blue café




http://dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location: 28 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)

Hours: open 7:30am Thursday through Monday

Meal: Pumpkin Cranberry French Toast; and a glassa orange juice




(There is no EweToobular juxtaselection between 
Ray Charles Robinson and Pumpkin Cranberry French Toast, they were just playing a few of his songs [including this one ~ a cover of the Leon Russell 1971 hit] during breakfast this morning on the house stereo.)


Of course, I had to make a return visit to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Friday, April 13th, 2018) for a September work-out of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation.

There were a few other different ideas off their chalkboard specials that I might have gone for:

Peach Blueberry Custard Cake (probably with a side of two eggs over-medium or a side of homefries);

Caramelized Onion, Gruyère (whereas, I added l'accent grave), Sweet Potato Tart ~ eggs any style + fruit;

Bacon (which would have gone Glen-less for me), Onion, Tomato, Bleu Cheese Scramble ~ toast + potatoes;

Chipotle Ground Beef (Glen can have that dead, decaying animal flesh, too), Onion, Tomato, Corn, Spinach Scramble ~ cornbread + potatoes;

or

there is always (well, when available) Zucchini Cakes ~ topped with poached eggs, Marinara sauce, with fruit + potatoes (which I just had two visits ago, so I wanted to try something new/different).




This dish could easily be called: "the All-'merican French Toast" ~ seeing as both pumpkins (Sorry, Sopwith... 'tis the season and all) and cranberries are native berries of the New World. This was made from two (extra thick) slices of a pumpkin-cranberry bread-loaf-thing. It ended up being a lot of food (way more than I had expected). I initially thought that I could easily finish this with there being only "two slices". However, the "slices" were double-thick and I barely finished one-half to three-quarters of it all. I had even thought of ordering a side of two eggs over-medium to make it less of a sweet breakfast (of course, I had to add another Native 'merican item ~ maple syrup ~ on top of the French toast to make it even that much sweeter), but, luckily, I did not.

As for any condimentary supplementation (of which Dottie's True blue café has several different bottles of hot sauces from which to choose), none were needed or used.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Pumpkin Cranberry French Toast ~ 6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment