Sunday, September 9, 2018

Eats


♪ 
"We skipped the light fandango
Turned roasted potatoes 'cross the floor... "




(Yeah, still no official-type web-site thing.)


Place: Eats

Location: 50 Clement Street 
(on the corner of 2nd Avenue); 
phonicular contact: (415) 751-8000

Hours: open every day of the week at 8:00am

Meal: Spinach Tomato Scramble (v) (this can also be made as an Omelette, but I felt a bit scrambled today, anyway) ~ garlic, ricotta salata[1], and fresh basil (they do not state it anywhere on the menu listing, but this also included a bit of both spinach and tomatoes), served with choice of / potatoes / mixed greens / fruit add $2.25, comes w/ toast / multi-grain / sour dough / rye / English muffin or Bagel ADD $1.00; and a glassa Power C ~ (fresh-juiced) orange, grapefruit, pineapple 




(No horses or penguins were injured during the recapping of this morning's breakfast... however, a few Clowns may have had their feelings hurt. 
[There is no reference to "garlic" in "A Whiter Shade of Pale". This cover-version was playing on my car stereo on the way back from breakfast, so I just felt like sharing it here.])


Continuing along with my September work-out of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation, I went back to Eats (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, April 15th, 2018) this morning. 

I sat outside at one of the two tables along the 2nd Avenue sidewalk seating area... 'cause I could... and 'cause it is almost Summer in San Francisco. Of course, if I had sat in the Clement Street sidewalk seating area, I would have been sitting in the Sun and not in the shade... D'oh! Saul Goode! I was wearing a sweatshirt and long-sleeved t-shirt, anyway.




This was a simple enough scramble, but it was simply-enough good, all the same. It had lots of diced tomatoes in it (so, it would not be for those of you who do not adoro le mele). I suppose, that it could have included a bit more basilico fresco, but all the spinaci in it would probably have masked it, anyway.

Of course, I went with the smart side-choice of their Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes (pffft! even I can make d*mn rabbit-food at home myself) and for my toast choice I had the multi-grain. There were seven (Count 'em ~ 7!) cloves of roasted garlic in with the potatoes today! (I would like to have been able to say that there were "sixteen vestal cloves of garlic" in it, but that might have been too much garlic even for me... )

For condimentary supplements, Eats offers not only the San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces™©®Ⓤ (Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce ~ Original Red Sauce, Cholula® Hot Sauce ~ Original, and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce), they also have a triumvirate of El Yucateco® (Salsa Picante Roja de Chile Habanero, Salsa Picante Verde de Chile Habanero, and XXXtra Picante Salsa Kutbil-Ik® de Chile Habanero). Even with all of these good hot sauce options, I still used some of my own 
Chili in Hawaii Habanero Garlic Hot Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) on the potatoes and several sprinkles of Charlie's Chili Stuff (Thanks, Sha'!) also on the potatoes and all over the scramble-mess, too.

♪ "... at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of garlic... " ♫


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Spinach Tomato Scramble (v) ~ 6.5;
Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes ~ 7.67(!!!!!!!)

___________________

1. Che cosa?

https://www.cheese.com/ricotta-salata/

No comments:

Post a Comment