Saturday, November 17, 2018

Lapisara (Eatery)


Fool me once, shame on you!
Fool me twice, shame on me!!
Fool me three times, shame on you and me!!!
Fool me four times... 555!!!![1]... Nice try, I had a back-up plan this time, Mr. Laurence Tureaud!



https://www.lapisaraeatery.com/


Place: Lapisara (Eatery)[2]

Location: 698 Post Street 
(on the corner of Jones Street)

Hours: open for "Brunch" (exactly) at 7:30am Sunday through Saturday

Meal: Savory "Veggie" (uggh!) Frittata ~ tomato, mushroom, red onion, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil & egg served with breakfast potatoes & sourdough toast; and to drink a glassa Big Mama ~ peach syrup, soda water, orange juice, lime juice, blackberry




(So what is the EweToobular juxtaselection here today? I have heard that Matt Ruff also likes a Savory "Veggie" [uggh!] Frittata.[3])


Well, cafe bean was not open (yet once more again) this morning when I stopped by just after 7:00am (which is supposably their opening time daily; I even waited around for about twenty minutes, but there was no sign of anyone inside and it did not look like they would be opening any time soon). Luckily, I did have a good, viable back-up plan planned, Sam. No need to jump on a bus, Gus, I simply headed downhill one block on Jones Street and went back to Lapisara (Eatery) 
(see previous 'blog-entry from Saturday, March 24th, 2018)... and, guess what, they were already opening when I arrived there at 7:29am.

Since the first/last time that I ate there, it looks like they have added a few (well, several fews) more items to their "Brunch" menu. They are still a relatively new restaurant and probably have made the final updates to their menus now. A few other items that I was eyeing were:

French Toast ~ thick-cut brioche battered, coated in crushed cashew and Reese's Puffs® (contains nut), House Bourbon Maple Syrup, powder sugar and butter (the House Bourbon Maple Syrup sounds interesting all on its ownsome; this was going to be my initial choice this morning until I decided to go savoury over sweet instead);

Huevos Rancheros ~ grilled corn tortillas, with black beans, topped with Feta cheese, 2 fried eggs, pico de gallo, avocado, green onions (you know what they say, when in กรุงเทพมหานคร, do as the Mexicans do);

five different Eggs Benedict dishes (of which, only the Florentine is suitable for stupid vegetarians, though);

three versions of Frittatas (only the one I ordered this morning was stupid-vegetarian-friendly);

etceterata...




I knew right away that I was going to like this one from the menu description. I always like a good frittata, anyway. This was the perfect size for my appetite, too. The garlic-ginger-soy sauce-sesame oil-aoli-thing (as can be seen swirled over the top of the frittata) was definitely Thai in flavour. The only thing I might have liked to have had added in the egg-base was some Thai sweet basil; that is always a great combination with tomato and mushroom.

Once again, I also really enjoyed their version of homefries, which came with large chunks of white onion and green and red bell peppers in it.

For use in condimentary supplementation, Lapisara (Eatery) had the San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces (Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce [Original Red Sauce], Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce, and Cholula® Hot Sauce (Original)) plus Frank's RedHot® (Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce). Even with all of those hot sauces from which to choose, I went with some of my own H*ll's Kitchen® Smoky Bourbon Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) all over the potatoes. Additionally (and this is a very good "additionally"), they have jars of their own homemade ((Eatery)-made, whatever) chunky strawberry jam/preserves. I made sure to try some of that on the sourdough toast

the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude

As I was crossing the intersection of Post and Jones Streets on my way to the restaurant, I heard, then looked up and saw a solo pair (solo pair?!) of the chattering featherbrains flying directly overhead. I heard more in the neighborhood, but only saw this mini-pandemonium, though.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Savory "Veggie" (uggh!) Frittata ~ 6.8;
Big Mama ~ 6.7;
the Wild Parrots of San Francisco ~ 8.5

___________________

1. Stupid, useless cunning linguist pointer of the day:

The number "5" in Thai is written as "ห้า" and pronounced (somewhat like) "Ha"! 

Get it? 555 = hahaha

Wห้าtever...

2. I asked my brother Kerry what "Lapisara" might mean in Thailandese (as he had lived there for about ห้า-and-a-half years). I was wondering if it was some regional slang for "Elephant", because that is what is pictured in their signage. He told me that "Lapisara" is just a Thai family name. Mystery solved.

3. I think that one of my brothers (not named "Nick" or "Kerry") may be the only person to get that silly reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment