Saturday, March 2, 2019

Honey Honey ~ Cafe & Crepery


"That'll be four cuppas on Mr. XV!"
(It's okay, Karl, Mr. XV always wore 
silicon-coated long johns.)

or

Yet still another "Pay-it-forward 
(... or bugger-off!) Weekend"



http://www.honeyhoneycafeandcrepery.com/


Place: Honey Honey ~ Cafe & Crepery

Location: 599 Post Street
(on the corner of Taylor Street)

Hours: open Monday - Sunday at 7:30am

Meal: Mediterranean (Savory Crepe) ~ Cheddar, onion, tomato, Fetaartichoke, olives, avocado, served w/ salad, fruit, or potatoes; and, to drink for myself, a large glassa freshly-squeezed (right afore mine own two eyes with one of them crazy the Jetsons orange-juicer/squeezer contraption things) orange juice





(I have no idea if Mikel Jollett, Steven Delopoulos, or even Mr. XV like[d] crêpes made with avocado, artichokes, and Feta or not [well, ol' Στέφανος probably knows of αυθεντική ελληνική Φέτα]; I just like both of these songs[1] and felt they were deserved today.)


To start off this year's Pay-it-forward (... or bugger-off!) Weekend on the right foot (or maybe that should be "... on the left foot", I was never very good at that marching-thing ~ which might explain why I was stuck way in the back of my Flight as a Road-Guard in Basic Training [at least, I did get to use my cool Lackland Laser daily]), I made sure to give the counter-lady person at Honey Honey ~ Cafe & Crepery (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, May 19th, 2018) a coupla extra Abie Lincolns with which to pay for the next four standard cuppas for any customers that would be ordering after me and might want Coffee (as long as their names were not "Joseph Smith" or "Brigham Young", I suppose).

This being only my fourth visit to this particular crêperie-type establishment, there are still several other good ideas on their menu for even stupid vegetarian (sorry, you Vegan-types are just gonna be outta luck ordering any kinda crêpes or omêlêttês):

Eggplant (Savory Crepe) ~ Cheddar, tomato, garlic, fresh basil, sundried tomato, eggplant (this probably woulda been my order today if I had planned in advance);

Suzette (Sweet Crepe) ~ orange zest, orange juice, sugar, and butter (which I would probably order with a side of their great homefries, too);

Acapulco (Omelette) ~ Cheddar, salsa, avocado, sour cream, and black bean chili;

Athens (Omelette) ~ Feta, spinach, and olives;

or

Cable Car (Omelette) ~ cream cheese, capers, red onion, smoked salmon (just without any of that dead, decaying piscine flesh, Mr. Rushdie).




Ooops! I had actually ordered this same crêpe on my initial visit to Honey Honey ~ Cafe & Crepery, I just forgot to check what I had already ordered before heading out the door. No biggie, it was still worth reordering, anyhow. I liked it again this morning. I just have three changes that I would make if I ever made crêpes myself (insert fat-chance, wildly laughing emoji here):

1)  this really oughtta shoulda included authentic Kalamata olives, and not those sliced, tasteless, canned black olives;
2) I think that spinach in place of avocado mighta been a bit more Mediterraneany;
and
3) there really was not much call 'round these parts for the Cheddar, Mr. Wensleydale; I bet Fontina or Provolone woulda made more sense geographically and tastily (just make sure not to use any cat-eating, excrementally runny Camembert, Ernie!).

Of course, once again, I went with the side choice of homefried potatoes. These are truly some of the best homefries in town and worth a trip back over there all on their own recognizance. ("Salads?! We ain't got no salads! We don' need no salads! I don't have to show you any stinkin' rabbit-food!")

For condimentary supplementation, Honey Honey ~
 Cafe & Crepery has the Standard San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces: Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (both Original Red Sauce and Green Jalapeño Sauce), Cholula® Hot Sauce Original, and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce. I used some of my own Peaks of Otter Peppers Cremation Drops Hot Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) all over the potatoes (this one is only about as hot as your standard Lou'siana cayenne pepper sauce, so I used a fair to Midland-Odessa amount of it) and some Old St. Augustine Datil Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) inside the crêpe (now this one is about as hot as any habanero hot sauce, so I went a bit more lightly with it, probably ten splashes/drops only).


(another not so very) Strange Coffee Interlude

Before even heading out into the mighty misty morn, 
I prepared myself a cuppa (via single pour-over funnel-thing) Cops & Doughnuts - Cops Coffee ~ Morning Shift (Medium Roast) (Thanks, Greg & Cindy [and possibly Amy, too]! [Please note, these felons are not related to the above hot sauce-gift-givers in any way.]). This is another Christmas gift that I am finally getting around to trying (in addition to already having three other opened bags of Coffee in my refrigerator, I still have another five 12oz to 16oz bags unopened in my freezer from Christmas and before). This is a very good, smooth, morning-style Coffee (but I am sure that I will enjoy it in the evenings as well). It is a very robust Coffee... even though it is made outta 100% Arabica beans. (hahaha... just a little Coffee-geek humor there.)

https://copsdoughnuts.com/product/cops-coffee-12oz-bag-ground/


Additional, Pay-it-forward (... or bugger-off!) Interlude 

After breakfast and while on my way to the bus stop homeward, I saw a domicile-challenged guy out in front of the Walgreens on the corner of Geary and Taylor Streets. I had to stop in and top-off my Clipper® card anyway, so I figured I would give the guy a buck or two on my way out of the store. As luck would have it, I also had an extra umbrella that I had found on the bus earlier in the week (some people find money, I find umbrellas) in my backpack. It was not raining hardly enough for me to even bother breaking it out for use myself this morning, so I offered it to the guy when I walked outside. He was very grateful for the gift and told me his name was William. He also told me that someone had recently stolen an old umbrella that he had. I did also make sure to give William two Georgie Washingtons for later use. Not that I am expecting William to "pay-it-forward" with either his new (used/found) umbrella or cash to anyone else on the street, though.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Mediterranean (Savory Crepe) ~ 6.7;
excellent homefries (all on their ownsome) ~ 7.4

___________________

1. Yeah, so, the second song may be one of them "Jesus"-y kinda songs. You gotta problem with that, take it up with Στέφανος and his boyos.

No comments:

Post a Comment