Saturday, January 12, 2019

Dottie's True blue café




http://dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location: 28 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)

Hours: open 7:30am Thursday through Tuesday 
(so, basically, closed on Wednesday)

Meal: Zucchini Cakes ~ topped with poached eggs, Marinara sauce, fruit + potatoes; and a glassa orange juice to drink


Of course, I had to head back to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, September 8th, 2018) to ensure another early-2019 excellent breakfastary repast.

Once again, I scored "Seat #1" at the corner of their counter-bar (which really was not that hard to do as I was "Idiot #1" in line this morning, anyway, having arrived at 7:00am before any other idiots even thought of arriving; I ended up standing outside in a "line" all by my ownsome for about another ten minutes before the next few idiots finally did arrive).

Originally, I was planning on giving some background information on the old(-ish) brick building that houses this restaurant. However, the best that I could locate on-line about "28 6th Street" was that it was built in 1910. (Sometimes these Google-search things should best be left to the experts at WikipediA.)





There really was no decision to be made this morning for my meal choice. I knew that if the Zucchini Cakes were optioned on the "Specials Board", I would definitely be ordering them. And, luckily, they were available (as has been the norm for many years now, anyway; at this point, they really oughtta just add this item to their main menu). The only minor point that I will mention about this always excellent dish was that the Zucchini Cakes themselves were not as crispy as normal, but I am putting that down to the fact that I was the first idiot to order them today and the first idiot to be served, too.

Today's side of fruits included: grapes, strawberries, honeydew melon, and blackberries.

For condimentary supplementation, I used some of their own Cholula® Hot Sauce - Original on the potatoes. Normally I would use some Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce - Chipotle Pepper Sauce on the potatoes, but there was not a bottle to be found at my end of the counter-bar this morning.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Zucchini Cakes ~ 7.5 (normally, this would be a 7.6 GBS rating; however, due to the less crispiocity of the actual cakes this morning, I demerited it 0.1 points)

No comments:

Post a Comment