Saturday, January 21, 2017

Cafe GoLo


You know, my GoLo Ranchero did start this mornin'...



(Still no official web-site type-thing any more... or any less.)


Place: Cafe GoLo ~ Boutique Cafe
Location: 1602 Lombard Street (at Gough Street); phonicular contact: (415) 673-4656
Hours: open every day of the week at 8:00am
Meal: (to start) a raspberry-mango tart/pastry-thing; (for the main meal) GoLo Ranchero ~ corn tortillas topped with eggs, (black) beans, cheese, spicy salsa verde, served with sour cream and avocado (and some of their tasty tomato-corn salsa/relish thing); and (to drink) just a glassa orange juice (I am still fighting a cold from earlier in the week ~ this is about Round 13 and the judges have it scored 7-6 in my favour so far ~ and need all the extra Vitamin C that I can consume)





(There really is/are no EweToobular juxtaselection/s between this morning's breakfastary destination and Lightnin' Hopkins' Texas Blues. I had just posted some of ol' Sam's songs the last time that I visited Cafe GoLo
and felt like it once again.)


In concluding the pre-Season work-out of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation, I finished up back at Cafe GoLo ~ Boutique Cafe (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, October 2nd, 2016).

I got a chance to finally question Miss PeeBee why there is no mention of their great baked goods anywhere on their menu. She told me that they are printing new menus very soon and that omission will be addressed (or no longer omitted, I suppose). They have really been missing out on these not being on the menu and relying solely upon stupid tourista-types to notice that they even have a large glass bakery shelf display in the back of the restaurant. As I have said this many times before in the past (because "before in the future" makes no sense, what-so-ever, even if you do own a hover-board), "These pastries are really worth a visit all for their-d*mn-selves!"






This dish is easily the best breakfast along Lombard 
Street (not that there are really that many places from which to choose for breakfast directly on Lombard 
Street, but still), and, if not for the most excellent 
Pain Perdu at Baker Street Bistro, I might even go as far to say, that this is the best breakfast in the entire Marina District/Cow Hollow area, too. I like that they give you an option of how you would like your eggs on top of the pile (and smothered under a great amount of spicy salsa verde ~ which is really the killer key to this entire dish); I went with my eggs "over-medium" this morning. I also love the amount of black beans that this sits atop. This would probably not be a good dish for any of you legumophobes (So, it's not a real word. Start your own d*mn 'blog-thing then.); however, black beans/black turtle beans[1] have been a favourite of mine since I first tried them wayyyyy back in 1983 at a Cuban restaurant in Miami, Ef-el-ay. (Thanks, Jordie & Pamela!) Don't worry, for those of you that do like to partake of the dead, decaying animal flesh (well, in this case, the dead decaying paltry poultry flesh), this meal can also have chicken added to it (Sorry, Mr. Hunt.). (So, which would come first? The "over-medium" eggs in the GoLo Ranchero or the chicken in the GoLo Ranchero?)

Having predetermined that I was going to be ordering the GoLo Ranchero before I had even left my apartment this morning, I did not bother schlepping
any of my own hot sauces with me (for which Miss PeeBee did notice and mentioned to me). After all, only a true heathen (or true alcoholic) would bring their own Brown Ale to Newcastle upon Tyne!

Because I could (and because they were seasonably available), I made sure to get an extra mixed-fruit tart/pastry-thing and a sweet potato tart/pastry-thing to take home with, to enjoy later this afternoon (or tomorrow while watching the NFL Conference Championship games ~ Go Patriots! Go Packers!).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating
GoLo Ranchero ~ 7.4;
raspberry-mango tart/pastry-thing ~ 7.2

___________________

1. An entire web-site dedicated to black beans?! Just what can't you find on these World Wild Webs?

http://blackbeans.me/

No comments:

Post a Comment