Sunday, January 15, 2017

Eats




http://places.singleplatform.com/eats-4/menu?ref=google

(Still no official web-site type-thing, so this will have to do for now.)


Place: Eats
Location: 50 Clement Street (on the corner of 2nd Avenue); phonicular contact: (415) 751-8000
Hours: open for breakfast every day of the week at 8:00am
Meal: Spicy Kale Skillet (well, technically, they call this dish "Spicy Tomato Skillet", but I have renamed it thus, due to the great amount of great kale in it; "Wait. Can you do that, Brian?!"; Sure, dammit! My 'blog-thing my 'd*mn-rules!) ~ kale, onions, potatoes, bell peppers, sunny up eggs, Parmesan, grilled bread; a side o' Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes (which they simply have listed on their menu as "Homefries" [noted as oneword like I normally write it, too]; however, I feel that they are vastly under-naming this most awesome side dish, too); and to drink, from their Fresh Juice Bar, a Power C ~ orange, grapefruit, pineapple


For a simple Sunday morning breakfast, I simply went back to the simply-named Eats (see last simple 'blog-entry from simply Saturday, October 1st, 2016). This is also continuing the early-year workout of my Breakfastary Starting RotationSimples! 

Having worked my way through just about everything that Eats has to offer for stupid vegetarians, I am probably going to have to start repeating menu items now. I do not think that I have had their Homemade Waffle Berries & Crème (berries, bananas [side note: bananas are technically a botanical berry, anyway], honey butter, powdered sugar, whip cream) yet, but that can always be saved for another time when I am in more of a "sweet mood". They also have a Kale Quinoa Salad (cucumbers [another side note: cucumbers are also botanical berries], ricotta salata, carrots, radish, arugala, cranberries, walnuts, garbanzos, tahini vinaigrette), which I suppose I could easily transform into a breakfastary dish by having them add a couple of poached eggs (or sunny up eggs, even) on top.





I have had this dish a few times already now and always enjoy its kalocity. (Sorry, Sean!) I liked that they had given me two large slices of grilled sourdough bread to use to sop up the remaining spicy tomato sauce. (I think I was only given one slice in the past and that did not seem like hardly enough if you are an old sopper like me.)

Woo-HOO!!! There were six (6) cloves of garlic in with the Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes this morning, and most of those were of the double-large size (almost as big as the chunks of potatoes). Nice! (*burp*) You may be asking yourself (to be asking me): "Hey, Brian, why did you order an additional side o' Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes if the skillet dish already had potatoes in it?" To which, I may be replying to yourself (to be replying from me): 
1) Mind yer own d*mn binness!!! 
2) You can never have enough potatoes. 
and 
3) I have renamed this most excellent of potatoey side dishes "Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes" for a reason, dammit!

In the past (because I am never sure what the future might bring until I get to it), Eats had only offered the Standard San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces for condimentary supplements: Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce), Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce, and Cholula® Hot Sauce (Original). Now they have an additional three hot sauces from which to choose, all of which are from El Yucateco®: Hot Sauce Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero (Green ~ good), Hot Sauce Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero (Red ~ very good), and XXXtra Hot Sauce Salsa Kutbil-ik® de Chile Habanero (very, very good; I even have a little left in a bottle in my own collection). Had I know this, I probably wouldn't have come armed with a few of my own new hot sauces. As it were, I used some of my own Dat'l Do-It® Classic Cayenne Hot Sauce[1] (Thanks, Mom!) on top of both sunny up eggs (I do not think that their Spicy Skillet sauce really needed any additional espicing-up, but I wanted to try out the last of my Christmas gift hot sauces finally.) and some Palo Alto Fire Fighters XXX Ghost Pepper Sauce[2] (Thanks, Brian!) on the potatoes. The Dat'l Do-It® Classic Cayenne Hot Sauce really didn't taste much different than your standard Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce); it had all the basic same ingredients in it, anyway: aged red cayenne peppers, distilled vinegar, and salt. The really nice manager-lady (who had waited on me and took my order) asked me about the Palo Alto Fire Fighters XXX Ghost Pepper Sauce. She even got a small plastic container to sample some for later. She said she might look into this and perhaps order some (of the standard Palo Alto Fire Fighters Pepper Sauce) for the restaurant now, too. I hope that she does; it's truly one of the best (and truly local) hot sauces out there (she also liked the idea of the localness of the product and that 100% of its proceeds goes to charities).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating
Spicy Kale Skillet ~ 7.5;
Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes ~ 7.66 
("But why the extra '0.06' GBS Points, Brian?" Simples! I have decided to add an additional '0.01' for each garlic clove included in the dish. Now stop asking me so many d*mn questions!)

___________________

1. http://www.datildoit.com/?lightbox=image_1tko

2. http://www.paloaltofirefighters.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment