Saturday, January 14, 2017

Dottie's True blue café




http://www.dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café
Location: 26 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)
Hours: open Thursday through Monday at 7:30am
Meal: Spinach Provolone Strata[1] ~ served with Italian sausage (which I ottantasei-ed, ovviamente), roasted tomatoes & fruit; and a glassa grapefruit juice


It completely goes without saying (but I am completely going with saying, anyway) that no early-year workout of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation would be complete without (yet still) another return visit to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, November 20th, 2016).

I had gone there this morning with the premeditated idea of ordering the Zucchini Cakes (if it were on the Specials blackboard) again, which is always a great way to start off the New Year, too. However, I did not have the good fortune of seeing that particular dish on the blackboard. It had been a stalwart choice on the Specials blackboard for almost every other visit in the recent past.

This really didn't matter as there are always other great ideas on the Specials blackboard, anyway, such as: Sweet Potato, Caramelized Red Onion & Gruyère Tart (served with eggs any style & fruit); Mascarpone Stuffed Cinnamon Pecan French Toast (with pure maple syrup); or Banana Raspberry Rice Flour Pancakes (with pure maple syrup).





Dottie's True blue café has a great collection of salt-and-pepper shakers. These sometimes get rotated onto the tables depending on the seasons, too. (But, for some reason, I just had a plain ol' pair of glass shakers on my table this morning.)




Not only was this very tasty, but this was a very cool idea for a breakfastary casserole dealy. This was served as a large chunk of the strata, and was grilled on the top and bottom. It had lots of Provolone cheese throughout, too. I also really enjoyed the side of roasted tomatoes; these were made with halved Roma tomatoes. I just can't figure out why there were three halves. Did I get someone else's half or was I slighted a half tomato? (Oi! This is an integral part of a "traditional Full English Breakfast", mate!... unless your "mate" happens to be named "Greg", that is.)

Today's side of fruit(s) included: blackberries (not a real berry); strawberries (another not a real berry); honeydew melon; grapes (a botanical berry); and watermelon (another botanical berry). (Additionally, the roasted tomatoes above are also botanical berries.)

Dottie's True blue café has a very good selection of condimentary supplementation. Knowing this (I have been to a few rodeos there), I didn't bother bringing any of my own hot sauces with me and just used a little Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce Chipotle Pepper Sauce on top of the strata.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating
Spinach Provolone Strata ~ 7.0

___________________

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strata_(food)

No comments:

Post a Comment