Saturday, January 20, 2018

Eats




(No official web-site.)


Place: Eats

Location:  50 Clement Street 
(on the corner of 2nd Avenue); 
phonicular contact: (415) 751-8000

Hours: open for breakfast every day of the week at 8:00am

Meal: Kale Quinoa Salad ~ cucumbers, Ricotta salata[1], carrots, radish, arugula, cranberries, walnuts, garbanzos, tahini vinaigrette (they do not state it on the menu, but there was also some quinoa and juuuust a little kale in this, too ~ hence the name, I suppose) and two poached eggs (which I ended up dumping on top of the salad) just so the meal would not be 100% d*mn rabbit-food; and, to drink, a 12 oz glassa Refresher ~ cucumber, pineapple, romaine (if I had had any more green in my meal today, I probably would have to move to Mars ~ the community in Northern California, not the planet, 'cause that would just be too far)


Continuing with a pre-Spring Training work-out of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation for 2018, I hopped on the bus, Gus, (even though it is only about thirty-one blocks away, I didn't quite feel like hoofing it all the way there and back, Jack) to Eats (see last 'blog-entry from Monday, September 4th, 2017).

With this morning's meal, I think that I have now worked my way through their entire menu (well, the parts of the menu that are vegetarian-friendly-enough or that I mostly wanted to try, anyway). Now that only took me about six or seven years to complete...




This salad included a whole mess o' kale (as opposed to only a 3/4-mess o' kale). This will probably meet my weekly requirements for Iron and Vitamins A, C, and K. Luckily, I am not of that intolerant ilk that is kale-intolerant (no brothers of mine named "Sean" shall be singled out here). This combination of kale and quinoa seems to be the new trendy culinaristic marriage. This salad could easily have been called "This Year's Pomegranate-Açaí Berry Salad" or "Kale-Quinoa is the New Black Salad" (or "Sean Would Never Touch This With a 10-Foot Pole [or a 4-Foot Czech even] Salad"). 

If I could, I had just one minor quibble (¿uno quibblito?): there was hardly any Ricotta salata grated/shredded on top of the salad. I would have liked a bit more. There was just so much kale, I figured it could have had a little better ratio of the cheese-stuff to it.




Eats has a pretty decent selection for condimentary supplementation. Not only do they offer the San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces™©®Ⓤ (Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce ~ Original Red Sauce, Cholula® Hot Sauce ~ Original, and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce), they also have a triumvirate of El Yucateco® (Salsa Picante Roja de Chile Habanero, Salsa Picante Verde de Chile Habanero, and XXXtra Picante Salsa Kutbil-Ik® de Chile Habanero). Even being aware of this, I still used some of my own new hot sauce (and the last of the bunch that I received for Christmas that I needed to try out finally) H*ll's Kitchen® Sriracha Chili Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on top of both of the poached eggs. 


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Sean Would Never Touch This With a 10-Foot Pole 
(or 4-Foot Czech even) Salad ~ 6.6 (mainly for its unprecedentedly preposterous preponderance of kale)

___________________

1. Ricotta salata is a pressed, salted, dried, and aged variety of Ricotta. It is milky-white and firm and used for grating or shaving. Ricotta salata is sold in wheels, decorated by a delicate basket-weave pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment