Saturday, January 13, 2018

Dottie's True blue café


First we take Zucchini Cakes...
Then we take Bettys Jamaica Blue Mountain!



http://dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location:  28 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)

Hours: open 7:30am Thursday through Monday 
(so, if my Common Core Math is any good, that would mean they are closed at least Tuesday or Wednesday)

Meal: Zucchini Cakes ~ topped with poached eggs & spicy Marinara sauce, served with fruit & potatoes; and a glassa orange juice





(There is no EweToobular juxtaselection for today's songs [well, that I know of; h*ck, ol' Lenny-boy[1] might have been a big fan of Zucchini Cakes himself, too]. I just received the two CD set "The Essential LEONARD COHEN" for  Christmas [Thanks, Cindy!] and just wanted to include a couple of his songs here today.)




It was basically a forgone conclusion (if conclusions can be forgonely basic) that for my first breakfast at Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, December 2nd, 2017) for 2018 I was going to order the Zucchini Cakes (as long as it was being offered on the weekend specials blackboard, and it has been on there pretty consistently for a few years now ~ at this point Kurt should just add it to the d*mn printed menu). The only way I may not have ordered it this morning was if they had offered Black-eyed Peas Cakes as a New Year's Special; they had done this a few times over the years, but not this year it seems (or, possibly, it might have been offered the first week in January and I missed it then).

I sat at "Seat #1" once again at the counter seating area overlooking the kitchen (which was easy enough as I was the first idiot waiting in line this morning).

Today's mini-bowl of fruits were: blueberries, strawberries, red grapes, blackberries, and honeydew melon.

Because Dottie's generally has a pretty decent array of condimentary supplementation from which to choose, I do not normally schleppen any of my own hot sauces with me when I visit there; however, I still need to test out the last four (of the seven new bottles) that I had received at Christmas. So I used some H*ll's Kitchen® Chipotle Chocolate Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) all over the potatoes. Which just leaves three more left to check out now...

Here is where I wish I had a bigger appetite (or at least had someone with me this morning to share this with) because I really wanted to try one of Dottie's fresh-baked goods: either Lemon Blueberry Custard Cake or Red Velvet Chocochips Muffin. Both looked really good in the display case at the front counter. Hopefully one or the other will be available the next time that I visit.

Strange Coffee Interlude

While computering up this silly li'l 'blog-entry this afternoon, I enjoyed another Christmas gift of Bettys Jamaica Blue Mountain[2] (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!). Great breakfast... great music... and even greater (greatest) Coffee! Happy New Year to me!


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Zucchini Cakes ~ 7.61;
Bettys Jamaica Blue Mountain ~ 8.5;
the music of Leonard Norman Cohen CC GOQ ~ 7.2

___________________

1. http://leonardcohen.com/

2. https://www.bettys.co.uk/jamaica-blue-mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment