Sunday, January 28, 2018

the Bistro Restaurant at Cliff House


It is always a great day for Popovers(!)...



https://cliffhouse.com/bistro-2/


Place: the Bistro Restaurant at Cliff House

Location:  1090 Point Lobos 
(at the end of the Earth/Ocean Beach, "Since 1863... Where San Francisco Begins"[... and Society ends?!])

Hours: open for breakfast Monday - Saturday at 9:00am, Sunday at 8:30am

Meal: Farmer's Breakfast Scramble ~ scrambled eggs (natch'), ham (which I done 86-ed), potatoes, green onions, Cheddar cheese, served with fresh fruit; a (somewhat) "tall" glassa orange juice; and, of course, a basket of (World) Famous Cliff House Popovers(!)





(There are no EweToobular juxtaselections [that I know of] with today's songs/videos. Perhaps, Mikel Jollett likes potatoes in his breakfast scrambles as much as I do, too.)


It was a beautiful, crystal clear winter morning overlooking Seal Rocks... which made it a perfect day to close out the pre-Spring Training work-out of My Breakfastary Starting Rotation for 2018. So, a trip to the End of the World (which also happens to be at the end of my street) was necessary and I returned once again to the Bistro Restaurant at Cliff House (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, September 24th, 2017). 

There were only two (World) Famous Cliff House 
Popovers(!) in the basket this morning, but that was still more than sufficient for my appetite. At first, I was a little concerned when they had not brought out a basket of their (World) Famous Cliff House 
Popovers(!) right away and thought that maybe with the new year they had implemented a new policy of no freebie (World) Famous Cliff House Popovers(!), which would be very disastrous, indeed. Normally, right after you order, a basket miraculously appears before you (well, one of the server-guys miraculously brings it to your table). However, all turned out well and these ended up being so fresh and piping hot, that I even sorta burned one of my fingers in my haste to get some butter and orange marmalade on one of them.




As for the main meal, the scramble was good, too. I always like how the potatoes are part of the scrambled mess. My waiter/server-guy asked me if I would like to substitute anything for the omitted dead, decaying porcine bits, but I figured this was good enough as it was; besides, I am not sure what other ingredients that they had to offer might have gone well with it, anyway.

This morning's fresh fruits were: one slice of orange, one strawberrycantaloupewatermelon, and a whole mess o' honeydew melon.

I ended up condimentarily supplementing the meal with my own bottle of Pepper Palace Chocolate Habanero Hot Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) all over the scramble. The smoky flavour really went nicely with the rest of the meal, too.




Hollywoodland Spotlight of the Day

Behind and above me on the wall this morning was an autographed photograph of Wanda McKay (June 22, 1915 – April 11, 1996). I can not say that I am familiar with her acting career, though. Apparently she was a leading lady in many B Movies during the 1940's. I probably have seen at least one movie that she appeared in; I just do not immediately recognize her face or name.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0571085/

I think that the Bistro Restaurant at Cliff House 
may have rearranged and/or added different photos since my last visit there. I didn't recognize some of the other photos on the walls near me and I thought that I had seen all of them already.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Farmer's Breakfast Scramble ~ 6.6;
(World) Famous Cliff House Popovers(!) ~ 8.2

No comments:

Post a Comment