Saturday, January 6, 2018

Baker Street Bistro


Breakfast on Epiphany?!



http://www.bakerstreetbistro.com/


Place: Baker Street Bistro

Location: 2953 Baker Street 
(between Lombard and Greenwich Streets)

Hours: open for "le Brunch" Saturday & Sunday at 9:00am

Meal: Pain Perdu A brunch favorite! ~ two slices of cinnamon French toast, fresh fruit, strawberry coulis & crème fraîche; a side of frites maison; and a cuppa (and 1-1/2 refillas) Café ~ avec des feuilles de menthe 


Cette certainement! I had an Epiphany this morning when I awoke... I figured the best way to start the New Year (Bonne Année!) was to eat my first breakfast out for the year at Baker Street Bistro (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, September 3rd, 2017) for some Pain Perdu vraiment extraordinaire! (Nah, not really. This was more of a premeditated coddiwompling [moronic oxen be d*mned!])

Unfortunately, it was still a little too chilly to sit outside on their sidewalk café seating area this morning. (Okay, so maybe it wasn't quite as cold as the freezing arctic temperatures they have been having in Florida lately, but it was still pretty cold for my liking, and I am a bit of a wimp like them buncha whingers in New England these days: "Ooooh! It is soooo cold outside. Six to eight feet of snow was dumped on us all in one day!"... boo-effin'-hoo! Think of all the poor iguanas in Florida that are falling outta the trees!)




Ce n'est pas un chef-d'œuvre! 
(... but it was pretty d*rn close, Leonardo!)

(I will just let the above photo do the thousand-word talking for me.)

Les fruits du jour: une fraise (pas une baie botanique) (and made into some kinda fancy-shmancy flower-thing); pomme (pas une baie botanique); pastèque (une baie botanique); ananas (pas une baie botanique); et cantaloup (une baie botanique).

Having eaten at Baker Street Bistro a few times in the past (sarcasm is so hard to detect in prose form), I knew that their selection of condimentary supplementation only ranged at Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce). Therefore, I made sure to bring along with me a few of my brand new (as in just presented to me at Christmas) selections from my ever-growing (and, let's face it, at this point, never-ending, Bastian) supply of hot sauces. The count on my refrigerator door shelves now stands at 31(!!!) (trente et un) d*mn hot sauces! I went with a good amount of Chili in Hawaii - Habanero Garlic Hot Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) on the homefries and just a few drops of (because I had brought it along with me, anyway, I wanted to use some) Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex[1] Smack My *ss and Call Me Santa (Thanks, Rick!) on one small square of the Pain Perdu. (Don't you judge me! What is French toast but eggs, milk, and bread... Eggs always go great with hot sauce... Milk and bread? Sounds like Pizza to me; and everyone knows that hot sauce always goes great on Pizza, too... okay, so maybe the maple syrup was an anomaly... but still... )


the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude





Once again, I parked over by the Presidio's Lombard Gate and was entertained by the sight of several (and heard many more, too) of my feather-brained chatterbird friends high up in their roost in the tall Eucalyptus trees by the wall along Lyon Street.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Pain Perdu A brunch favorite! ~ 8.2 
(mais certainement);
the Wild Parrots of San Francisco ~ 8.5

___________________

1. https://tijuanaflats.com/

Apparently, this chain of (semi-)fast food restaurants got started and is based out of Florida. I had never been to one before my Christmas vacation to Orlando last week and had lunch at one in St. Augustine. 

I particularly liked that they offer about eighteen different versions (from mild to pretty d*rn hot) of bottled hot sauces for use (and most of those are available for sale; hence, my gift).

However, seeing as there really are no locations in Texas, I think they should call their cuisine "Flex-Mex" instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment