Saturday, January 27, 2018

Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen


'blog-entry #900
(Woo-HOO!!!)



https://jasperscornertap.com/


Place: Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen

Location:  401 Taylor Street 
(on the Corner of O'Farrell Street)

Hours: breakfast is served everyday[ sic ] at 6:30am 
(they also have a Saturday & Sunday "Brunch" which is served from 10:30am; however, I noticed that most of the items seemed to be the same as they offer for breakfast, anyway)

Meal: Mediterranean Omelet ~ a three egg omelet with roasted red peppers, tomatoes, onions, and Feta, served with breakfast potatoes and your choice of toast (I chose wheat); and a glassa (which they specify on the menu as "California") orange juice



(I hear that both Miriam Makeba and Willy and the Poor Boys really like Feta, too.)


In a rather feeble attempt to essay some place different for a change, I simply went back to Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen (see previous 'blog-entry from Saturday, October 10th, 2015) this morning for breakfast. I actually thought that I had eaten there more than once, but I could not see anywhere else (and I did a key-word search in this here 'blog-thing) when I had eaten there before.

I sat up front in their large bar area (well, "Tap" area, I suppose) where they had a number of big-screen TeeVees on; they were playing different sports-channels (mostly it seemed to be pre-Super Bowl hype junk). This area was not open for serving breakfast the last time I had eaten there, though.

In addition to the newer, larger space, they have also added a few new items to their breakfast (and "Brunch") menu. Previously, it was pretty slim pickens for stupid vegetarian-types, Mr. Louis Burton Lindley Jr. I will need to check out a few of these on future visits:

FlapJaspers ~ buttermilk pancakes, maple syrup and berry compote;

Citrus French Toast ~ orange scented(???) batter, Texas Toast, sliced berries, whipped cream (I would probably also order a side of their very good house breakfast potatoes/homefries; you can never have enough carbohydrates);

(somewhat on the lighter side)
The Continental ~ scrambled egg whites, house baked (well, Tap & Kitchen baked) croissant, Greek yogurt parfait;

or

Avocado Toast (Benedict) ~ Kalamata loaf, avocado, poached eggs, chili flakes, Hollandaise, served with breakfast potatoes (this will probably be my choice next time).

They also offer a couple of sides that might need checking-out: Cheesy Cheddar Grits or Veggie (uggh!) Sausage.




This was one of those perfectly-executed/fluffy omelettes (the kind that I can never seem to make at home correctly, and, because of which, have given up trying to make). I liked the use of roasted red peppers and the (white) onions were also sautéed. I only wished there had been more Feta inside (of course, I always complain about not enough Feta); what was inside was okay, but it was only in small crumblies.

They serve really good homefries, which were made from small quartered red potatoes. 

I am not sure what Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen still might offer in the way of condimentary supplementation, I did not bother to ask. I had brought a couple bottles of my newer hot sauces with me and used some (well, a lot) Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex Smack My *ss and Call Me Santa (Thanks, Rick!) on the potatoes and some (but just a drizzling) 
Chili in Hawaii Habanero Garlic Hot Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) on top of the omelette.

the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude

After breakfast, I happened to hear several of the noisy chatter-heads. I looked up but could not see any flying overhead. I can only assume that there is a small pandemonium roosting at the top of one of the taller buildings in that area (somewhere between Geary and O'Farrell and Taylor and Mason ~ possibly even that building behind the sign in the picture above).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Mediterranean Omelet ~ 6.6 (with more Feta or larger chunks, this easily would have been 6.7-6.8);
the Wild Parrots of San Francisco ~ 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment