Sunday, January 7, 2018

Eddie's Cafe


Note: No Korean waiter/busboy-type persons were maimed or killed during the eating of this breakfast this morning.



(No official web-site available.)


Place: Eddie's Cafe

Location: 800 Divisadero Street (on the corner of Fulton Street); phonicular contact: (415) 563-9780

Hours: open Sunday through Saturday at 7:30am (closed every other day of the week)

Meal: Vegetable Omelett[ sic ] ~ with added avocado and (real!) Cheddar cheese, served with hashbrowns and (2) homemade (café-made, whatever) biscuits; and a mugga (and one refilla) their house Coffee ~ served in a (your 2016-2017 NBA Champion... well, unless you happen to be from Cleveland or named "LeBron") Golden State Warriors mug




(What is the EweToobular juxtaselection for today? Simples! Everyone knows that Michael Paré [Wow! Who knew he could sing that well? He shoulda had a singing role in that "Streets on Fire" movie, too!] is a big fan of omeletts[ sic ].)


Like yesterday's meal, today's breakfastary destination was another completely premeditated coddiwompling (moronic oxen be d*mned still!). I had picked up a Coffee cup during my recent Christmas vacation trip to Florida to specifically be gifted to Eddie's Cafe (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, January 7th, 2012 ~ now, what are the odds?! ~ that was exactly six years ago today). I initially had planned on getting a nice gift cup/mug from Historic Olde St. Augustine, but put it off too long while we were there and ended up just getting a chintzy, all-inclusive Florida cup/mug at a roadside combined fruit stand/candy shop/gift shop. At least it came with its own matching ceramic teaspoon (... which is nice). Even so, the Korean owner/manager guy still appreciated it. I made sure to wait until after I had already paid for my meal before giving it to them; they have this nasty habit of comping your meal if you bring in a gift cup/mug... no one gives Brian a free meal! D*mmit!

... wait... that is a good thing... right?!

Oh, okay, so maybe next time...




Once again, I sat at their diner-counter... all the better to view the hundreds(?) of other gifted Coffee cups/mugs on the shelves along the back walls.

There really is nothing much special about the food that is served at this local corner diner-ish place. It is just that this little (Korean) family-owned restaurant has a great friendly, neighborhood atmosphere to it and that is always a good reason to return (even if it might take six years to do so).





One thing I did like about the meal this morning was that it was named "Vegetable" (not "Veggie" ~ uggh!) Omelett[ sic ] (so they can be forgiven any mispelinks [besides, no Glen Bacon Scale points are ever deducted for type-o's... or Type AB Negatives, even]). The vegetables in the omelette included: tomatoes, green bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I mentioned 
"(real!) Cheddar cheese" in the description above because many little diner-type places will tell you they use "Cheddar cheese" in their food, but it usually ends up just being that faux yellow "cheese-product" stuff. I also like that they offer a choice of toast or homemade (café-made, whatever) biscuits (yeah, that was a no-brainer choice for this no-brain; I can cook my own toast at home). Plus, they give you three good side-choices of hashbrowns, homefries, or greets (I have never had their homefries before; maybe next time I will order those if I get a freebie meal).

Eddie's Cafe only has bottles of Louisiana's Pure 
Crystal® Hot Sauce on the diner-top and at the booths (they do also have a hidden supply of Gochujang for use if you ask... I only know this because I have asked in the past). It really did not matter what they had to offer; I had brought some more of my own new additions to my (ridiculously, ever-growing) collection of hot sauces. Because I had only used a few drops of Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex 
Smack My *ss and Call Me Santa (Thanks again, Rick!) yesterday, I brought it with me again today to use in full force, where I went very liberally (okay, maybe it was more of a fake-Republican, very stable genius usage) on the omelette and some H*ll's Kitchen® 
Smoky Bourbon Hot Sauce[1] (Thanks, Mom!) on the hashbrowns.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Vegetable Omelett ~ 6.1;
Friendly, neighborhood atmosphere ~ 7.8

___________________

1. This was another new/Christmas gift that I was trying out for the first time. It included a set of five (5!!!) more d*mn hot sauces to take up space on my refrigerator door shelves.

(I have a sneaking suspition [and how come no one ever has an "overt suspition"?] that my mother may have purchased this set at a local W*lmarts. Not only does she know that I have put a moratorium on any new hot sauces until I can use up about half of what I already have clogging up my refrigerator door shelves, but she explicitly knows that I also absolutely loathe giving any money to those Chinese-owned b*stages at W*lmart!)

https://www.ebay.com/i/182985212369?chn=ps

No comments:

Post a Comment