Sunday, January 6, 2019

Eddie's Cafe


Legal Note
Once again, no Korean waiter/busboy-type persons were maimed or killed during the eating of this breakfast this morning.



(No official web-site available.)


Place: Eddie's Cafe

Location: 800 Divisadero Street (on the corner of Fulton Street); phonicular contact: (415) 563-9780

Hours: open Monday through Saturday at 7:30am; open Sunday at 8:30am (they must have changed their hours since I had eaten there last year, which I only found out this morning the hard way)

Meal: Cheddar Cheese, Onion, & Avocado 
Omelett[ sic ] ~ served with hashbrowns and (2) homemade (diner-made, whatever) biscuits; and a mugga (and a half-refilla) their house Coffee ~ served in a (your 2017-2018 NBA Champion... well, unless you happen to be from Cleveland or are a big cry-baby named "LeBron") Golden State Warriors mug



(In case you were wondering just what the h*ck the EweToobular juxtaselection is here, it is a well-known fact that meatloaf is a very popular breakfast dish in Korea.)


So, like an eedjit, I arrived at Eddie's Cafe (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, January 7th, 2018) forty-five minutes early and had to sit in my car waiting for them to open. I had it planned so that I would arrive just around the time that I thought they were supposed to open. If it had not been raining (again) this morning, I could have walked over to Alamo Square to kill the time. Luckily, at that un-gawdly hour on a Sunday morning, parking in the neighborhood is pretty easy and I was able to park right across the street.




Once again, there was nothing really special about this omelett[ sic ], it was just your basic friendly, neighborhood Korean family-owned diner fare. It did have a good amount of diced-up avocado in it, which is nice, but I bet with some fresh-sliced jalapeños added to it, it would have been even better. I do like that they offer a choice of (plain ol') toast or (fresh-made) biscuits and a choice of either hashbrowns or greets. Of course, I opted for the fresh-baked biscuits; I can always cook my own toast at home. I stuck with hashbrowns this morning because I had brought along two different bottles of my own hot sauces and figured that one would go better with potatoes than with greets.

As far as their own condimentary supplements goes, Eddie's Cafe had just Louisiana's Pure 
Crystal® Hot Sauce at the booths and on the diner-counter, but they do also have some good Korean gochujang (available upon request). I used the second new bottle that I had received as a Christmas gift, Peaks of Otter Peppers ~ Inca Gold Hot Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) on top of the omelett[ sic ] and used some Pepper Palace Chocolate Habanero Hot Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg! [Who are no relation what-so-ever to the above two gifters.]) on the potatoes. The Inca Gold (Ingredients: Mango, pineapple, Red Habanero chile peppers, vinegar, salt & sugar) turned out to be only of medium heat (well, medium for me) and added a nice sweet-heat fruitiness to the omelett[ sic ].

https://www.peaksofotterpeppers.com/




On this visit, I gifted (making sure to pay for my meal first; they have this terrible tradition of comping a meal to anyone that brings in a gift mug; nice try!) them a mug from Tarpon Springs[1] (the one in Floridia, not the much more famous village in Ελλάδα) that was adorned with some swimming manatees (well, they coulda been womanatees, I could not really tell from the cartoon pictures). We had lunch one day last month in Tarpon Springs while I was vacationing in Disneylandia, and I had picked it up at one of the gift shops in town. I did spy my gifted St. Augustine mug from last year; however, I could not locate either the mug from Vien (gifted in January 2012) or the Liverpudlian mug (gifted in January 2011) among the hundreds of other gifted mugs on their shelves.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Cheddar Cheese, Onion, & Avocado Omelett[ sic ] ~ 6.0

___________________

1. http://www.ctsfl.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment