Saturday, January 19, 2019

Eats




https://www.eatsrestaurantsf.com/

(Yay! They finally have their own "official"-type web-site [after only being open for the past nine years now; ignore what their web-site states ~ this restaurant has been running under its present ownership only since early-2010].)


Place: Eats

Location: 50 Clement Street
(on the corner of 2nd Avenue)

Hours: open Monday - Sunday at 8:00am

Meal: Farmers (Scramble) (v) ~ sauteed mushrooms, corn, zucchini, garlic, cherry tomatoes, basil topped with goat cheese, parsley, served with choice of: Excellent! Homefries, mixed greens (you know, your basic rabbit-food stuff), comes w/ toast: multi-grain, sour dough, rye; and, to drink, a glassa Detox ~ beets, carrot, apple, ginger


I am still rounding-out an early-2019 workout of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation, so I revisited Eats (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, September 9th, 2018). This is one of the closer (and more decent) restaurants in my neighborhood for breakfast, too.





As I have now had everything on their menu (at least once over), I knew I would be reordering a past dish again. The one that I finally decided on can be ordered either as a "scramble" or "omelette" dish; I just figured that the ingredients in this one called more for "scramble". The corn in the list of additives was the deciding factor for me this morning, and I was very happy to see that not only were there lots of kernels in the scramble-mess, but that they were all nicely roasted/charred. I know that this was supposed to include basil in it; however, I did not remember seeing, nor tasting, any basil... no "E"[1].

I went with sourdough as my toasty choice and, of course, I made the only intelligent choice of sides and had their Excellent! Homefries (even I can "whip-up" some of your basic rabbit-food stuff at home). There were three (3) whole cloves of nicely roasted garlic in with the potatoes, which I made sure to use intelligently on my toast as a sorta garlic-butter spread.

I think that my drink this morning was so-named "Detox" because after taking one look at its couleur de puce atroce[2], you will probably never want to tipple another alcoholic beverage again in your life... Despite its nookular un-dogly[3] hues, the drink was really very tasty, and the bite of fresh squeezed(?) ginger really made the drink.

For condimentary supplementation, Eats offers an excellent variety from which to choose, which includes the Standard San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces™©®Ⓤ (Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce ~ Original Red Sauce, Cholula® Hot Sauce ~ Original, and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce) plus a triumvirate of El Yucateco® (Salsa Picante Roja de Chile Habanero, Salsa Picante Verde de Chile Habanero, and XXXtra Picante Salsa Kutbil-Ik® de Chile Habanero). Of course, I had brought some of my own collection with me once more and used some 
Dat'l Do-it® Spicy Jalapeno Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on the potatoes and some Peaks of Otter Peppers Inca Gold Hot Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) on the scramble.

the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude

After breakfast, as I was a-saunterin' down Clement Street doing a little early Saturday morn window-shopping (I bought me a nice transom and some curtains to go with), I heard and then looked up and espied another medium-sized pandemonium of sixteen (yes, I actually took the time to count them, and it was no easy task as they were changing positions overhead often) heading south-wards (towards Golden Gate Park? I do not think that they have set up any roosts there yet, though).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Farmers (Scramble) (v) ~ 6.7;
Excellent! Homefries ~ 7.63;
the Wild Parrots of San Francisco ~ 8.5

___________________

1. That would be a "big e".

2. Stupid, useless cunning linguist pointeur du jour:

"Puce" is the French word for "flea", which comes from the Latin words for "flea", "pulicem" or "pulex". The colour is said to be the colour of bloodstains on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings, or after a flea has been crushed.

(Sorry, sometimes these word origins can be kinda gross and shocking. See: "Vanilla".)

3. Pun fully intended, once you know the etymology of "puce".

No comments:

Post a Comment